Monday, May 21, 2012

Top Ten (May 14-20)


Summer is almost here
We can taste it
 (LITERALLY)
Sweat dripping and dirt in our mouths at the ball field


Top Ten for the week

1. We had ball practice 4 nights this week

2. On Tuesday Parker and I went on a field trip to the Iowa Children's Museum
(Parker on the rock wall)

3. Thursday was Leadership Day at Colorado School
The kids did a GREAT job
Spencer sang with the Colorado Jammers and his 4th grade class did a theater presentation
Parker's class did a presentation about balls and motion

4. On Friday I went and watched the talent show at school
The boys weren't in the show this year but I enjoyed watching their friends

5. Spelling tests are taken on Fridays
This week Spencer came home and told me that his bonus word was

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Did you get that?
I wouldn't even begin to know how to spell the word
Spencer was SO CLOSE! 
I think he should have got half a point

6. The hubby was gone all weekend so it was just me and the boys
(Don't tell the hubby - I enjoy having the boys to myself every now and then)
We NEVER go to bed on time when Dad's not around

7.  Saturday was WARM
The hubby hasn't got the pool up so the boys had to find ways to cool down

8. The boys must be growing
I made a pan of granola bars and they ate the whole pan in one day

9. Parker drew this picture on the way to church on Sunday
I asked if the lady inside the house was me
He told me that the lady was his wife and she was making dinner (Oh dear!)

10. Two and a half days of school left

Another great week full of memories




No comments:

Post a Comment