Saturday, September 7, 2013

Drained



I'm physically drained this week

We're trying to get the new schedule down and let me just say -
Everyone is handling the change much better than I am

Yesterday morning I broke down and called the hubby in tears

This week was just plain exhausting

It started on Sunday with a flat tire on the truck
The hubby waited until 4:45PM to ask if Blain's was still open
{Keep in mind the next day is Labor Day but we wait until quarter til 5:00 to call}
Long story short
When we hit things, we hit them good!
The tire needed replaced

On Labor Day we spent the afternoon cutting down a huge tree limb 
that was hanging over the neighbors yard
Lots of hard work and sweat
Thankfully there were no injuries with the chain saw

Tuesday I started my first full week at the new job
When I got home, I found a reminder note from the school telling me that Wednesday was picture day
What the heck
There wasn't even a picture form sent home, good thing I got a reminder
The sheep were sheared and the clothes got ironed

Wednesday morning I needed to go into school to get a picture form
I went in only to find out I didn't have any checks to pay for the pictures
I went back home for the checks and thought I would take my trusty old car for a spin 
She's like driving a little race car now that I'm use to my van which is like driving a hearse
I got to school, paid for the pictures
got back in the car to run some errands
put my foot on the brake 
and 
my foot went all the way to the floor
No Brakes!

While I should have been thankful that I wasn't going down a hill or that the kids were with me, 
I had steam coming out my ears
I took on this new job to try to get ahead and save money
and within a week we had 2 car issues
Instead of running errands, I spent the morning on the phone with the insurance company
Thankfully we have road side assistance so we didn't have to pay to have it towed

I also found out on Wednesday that we had over 100 kids sign up for gymnastics in 2 days
Muscatine Parks and Rec. has since opened 3 more classes on Tuesdays
We are up to 140 little gymnasts
I'm not sure how all of this is going to work with my boss being in Rochester for another 2 months
I'm just going to breathe

Thursday was another crazy day of working and trying to hold down the fort
I had a headache that no amount of Excedrin Migraine would get rid of
The bottle said to not exceed 2 pills in 24 hours - 6 Excedrin later, I was still miseraable
{After giving birth, I unknowingly traded in the cramps for killer headaches}

Friday I turned into an emotional mess
I called the car repair man to ask if he had a chance to look at the car
He told me that he'd just got it done
When I asked what the damage was, he told me that it was taken care of
I asked what he meant and he said, your dad told me to tell you that it was taken care of
I called the hubby sobbing
We had the money to pay for the car and I felt guilty that my dad paid to have it fixed
{HORMONES- Don't you love them}
I couldn't even go to see my dad to thank him because I was a blubbery mess

Between working 2 jobs
Making sure every one is dropped off and picked up where and  when they need to be
Making sure everyone is fed
Clothes are washed
The house is some what presentable
I felt like a complete failure as a mom and wife this week

It will get better

Thankfully it's the weekend and even though we have plans
I'm grateful to not be working the next 2 days






No comments:

Post a Comment