Friday, September 13, 2013

Feeling accomplished



This week is going so much better than last week

I'm feeling accomplished:
I renewed my expired drivers license
 Bought groceries
The family ate better this week {No frozen pizzas}
I kept up on laundry
and
in general, I just feel like this week went well

We are still in the adjustment phase and probably will be for quite some time
but at the moment, I'm not feeling like a horrible wife and mom

A high five to my boys for staying home alone and showing responsibility
They are doing great, so yesterday I left them little love notes with a surprise
Spencer:  A Central Chargers shirt for homecoming this coming week
{Love note: Your hard work and dedication are paying off}
Parker:  A new pair of Adidas soccer shorts
{Love note: I can't wait to watch you play soccer on Saturday}
They may not appreciate it much now but I know they will later
It's the little things that show them we care

One of my goals this week was to figure out how Spencer is doing in middle school
We go through the same thing every day:
Do you have homework?
Spencer: Nope
What did you do at school today?
Spencer: Nothing
I was a little worried and wanted to nip things before it was to late
I haven't been able to get on powerschool to check his grades so I was left wondering
He came home this week and told us that he doesn't really care for Mrs. Sturms
Long story short, she's telling the kids that they need to type faster and use two hands
I told him what I tell the kids ALL the time - Try your best and have a good attitude
I was a little worried about his language arts grade after hearing he doesn't care for the teacher
I took that as - I'm struggling in class
Anyway, Spencer {Mr. techno savy} was able to get me on powerschool through his account
I was so happy to see all of those A+'s
We're still uncertain about this SBG grading system but he's doing fantastic

Parker came home yesterday with an A+ on his math test



We're feeling blessed this week
It was a good week!






2 comments:

  1. It's so nice when things fall into place and it seems like things are going smoothly! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete