Sunday, September 8, 2013

Grandparents Day




My boys are beyond blessed when it comes to grandparents

I'm not just saying that because they're my parents

There is absolutely no word to describe them

My parents would do ANYTHING for their grandchildren

My Mom cried when I was in labor because she didn't want to see me in pain
When my children hurt, she hurts
She has rocked them when they are sick
She has put butterfly strips on ouchies
{because she doesn't want to see them get stitches}
She has given more hugs and kisses than could ever be counted
She still asks Spencer to sit on her lap
{And he does which is so adorable because he's almost as big as her}
She is their #1 fan when comes to sports
She is the Grandma that everyone deserves but not everyone gets to have

And then there's Grandpa

My Dad was at the hospital with us when both boys were born
He was so proud holding each of them for the first time
I still remember him telling us that we made beautiful babies
My Dad isn't one to tell you that he's proud of you but he'll tell the rest of the world
{There's probably not one person that my dad knows who hasn't heard about his grand kids}
Grandpa was the one that took the boys to the shooting range for the first time
He lets them drive the lawn mower around the yard for hours
He lets the boys shift the stick in his truck
He takes them for a drive past places and tells them stories about when he was a young boy
He buys them klondike bars and special treats


My parents are basically at the boys beckon call
If my mom stops by and the boys want to go with her, she takes them
She very rarely tells my children no

Years ago, Spencer started saying he had Grandma diabetes if he hadn't seen her in a while
He has learned that it works like a charm
Spencer will call her and say, I have grandma diabetes and she's picking them up in 20 minutes


I hope my boys know how lucky they are







No comments:

Post a Comment