Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Those People"


If you're anything like me, you've heard yourself say :
I just want to be like "those people"

The people who have endless festivities all weekend
They have traveling soccer games
They go to the movies every weekend
They go out to eat 
They get mani's and pedi's with friends
They go to the apple orchard or pumpkin patch and spend money on over priced caramel apples

Please tell me I'm not the only one who says they want to be like "those people"

Do these people have a money tree growing in their backyard
Sometimes it seems like they have an endless supply of money
Are these the people that are also living pay check to paycheck?
If that's the case, I don't want to be like them

We try to do fun things on the weekend but everything is so darn expensive

Last weekend we invited my parents to go to Wilson's Apple Orchard with us
It was okay but totally over rated
It was Johnny Appleseed's birthday and the place was packed
We stood in line for a half hour to pay for our $10 bag of apples
{which I could have bought at Fareway for a fraction of the cost}
The hubby says we paid for the experience
Spencer got an attitude when I wouldn't spend $7.50 on 2 caramel apples


I want to be like those people who bought bags and bags of apples
and pies
and turnovers
and apple cider
and apple butter
 and apple cider donuts

But I just can't see spending that kind of money on those things


Our weekend fun consists of driving through the cemetery looking for deer and picking up buckeyes
Having a fire in the fire pit or a movie and popcorn at home


Almost 4 years ago when the hubby lost his job,
I never imagined 4 years later we would still be where we are now
Just getting by and always worrying about when we'll have to take out of savings

I'm tired of living like we are, yet we have what we need
In fact, we have a lot more than we need
We're blessed and I know it, I'm just never content
How do I become content?

I know that I could go get a full time jobs instead of the 3 part time jobs I work
BUT
I wouldn't be able to be home when the boys need me
I won't be able to help at school
and
we would have to pay for day care over the summer


I just want to be like "those people" that seem to have an endless supply of money to spend on fun











No comments:

Post a Comment