Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Break {day 1}

Friday kicked off the first day of Spring break
I despise spring break
I would rather have an extra week with them in the summer when we can enjoy the weather
We're going to have 10 days off and nothing to do because it's still a bit chilly here
One of these years we're going to take a vacation over Spring break
Until then, we'll just try to enjoy it

We took a road trip Friday morning
A couple of weeks ago, I decided we could save $ by going to the Under Armour outlet in Williamsburg
The boys both needed new shoes and I thought their prices were reasonable
There's nothing more I hate than shoe shopping for my kids 
It's an absolute pain {literally- I'll explain more below}
When we got the shoes home, we realized Spencer's new shoes were falling apart
This meant half a tank of gas and half a day wasted
{so much for saving $}
 I thought we would get it out of the way so we headed to Williamsburg 
Wouldn't you know it- They didn't have another pair like them in his size
2 hours and 6 stores later, he FINALLY found shoes

These shoes nearly killed me
He LOVES them and that's all that really matters



The boys have been outside playing with friends while I'm re-cooping
It's been a rough couple of weeks

Mid February I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder for an AC joint sprain

While we were shopping for  the first pair of shoes,
I stopped in the bathroom and hoped and prayed that I wasn't getting another UTI
 I wanted to do some birthday shopping for my niece so I ran in to Old Navy
While paying for my things, I felt like I had been jabbed in the back with a knife
4 days later I was SICK.....
I couldn't go to the bathroom, sweat rolling off me, feeling like I was going to vomit
 The nurse is certain I had a kidney stone
{I hope to NEVER experience that again}
and
now I'm dealing with planter fasciitis


In a way, I'm glad Spring break hit when it did
This mama needed a break
I think some R&R is just what we needed


No comments:

Post a Comment