Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring break {day 7}


I took the next couple of days off to get some things done

We needed supplies for the Science Fair project so we did some shopping
and came home and worked on that

We should not have waited until one of the nicest day of the week to be inside 

Lesson Learned


Yesterday was a tough day for this mama
I am totally over protective when it comes to my kiddos and yesterday was my challenge

Spencer has been wanting to go to a friends house 
I hadn't met the family so I kept telling him no
Last Thursday he came home from school and told me that he has a school project
and he and ______ need to work on it together
I told him he couldn't go until I met ______'s mom
I talked to her on the phone and set up a time to meet her
I dropped Spencer off at _____'s moms work yesterday and she took him home with her
I was in panic mode the whole time he was gone
This friend lives about 25 miles out in the boonies
I had Spencer text me when he got there and I checked in once
I made it very clear that I did not want them riding 4 wheelers
So..... I was a bit surprised when I went to pick him up and they were out shooting guns
SERIOUSLY!
My kids have guns but are NOT allowed to shoot them when friends are over
Spencer had a blast out on the farm and was safe and sound when I picked him up
As we were leaving, Spencer told ______'s mom- Thank you for having me!
Ahhhh..... This boy does have some manners
For a split moment, I felt like I might have this parental thing down


While Spencer was away, Parker also had a play date
He and his "friend" have been working on an act for the talent show
Parker went to her house to practice and then went to have Pizza with her family
These 2 are googly eyed over each other and it's adorable to watch them


I survived the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment