Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring break {day 9&10}


There just aren't enough hours in a weekend

I told the hubby that the house must be cleaned before anything was done
We've been spending all of our extra time outside on the deck and the house was being neglected

Parker's talent show partner came over to get fitted for her outfit that my mom is making
These kiddos better make it through the try outs or we're going to have some broken hearts

Grandma took the boys for a movie and sleepover so we got an evening to ourselves
We did a little shopping and had supper at Olive Garden

Sunday morning we went to church
Pastor Daniel and Pastor Tim always know what we need to hear

After church we worked on the science fair project
If my children ever come home and tell me they have a project, I'm checking out
I have spent hours on this project and it's not even mine
If it weren't for my son having a partner who has done nothing but needs the extra credit,
I would have called the teacher and told her Spencer wasn't participating

We picked up more wood for the deck
This probably isn't the safest way to haul 16' boards but we made it home

Spring break has come to an end

I had lots of fun things planned and sadly not one of those things got done
6 weeks until MY summer break starts
Maybe we'll get something done then

2 comments:

  1. You just gave me a heartattack w/ the 6 weeks till summer break thing! CRAP!!!! I am NOT ready!!!! Our last day is June 3rd, that gives me 2 full months to get used to the idea of having the boys here 24/7 again. Yikes!!!

    We need progress pics of the deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm done at the preschool May 23rd! I have a few projects I'm hoping to get done before the boys are out of school.

      The deck hasn't made much progress this week. We take 1 step forward and 3 back. I'm kind of wishing we would have ripped the entire thing off and started over but with the braces running under the house, we would have a whole new set of problems. The braces aren't straight and the lumber we've been getting at Menards hasn't been the best quality (knotty and warped). We're hoping to get a lot more done this weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice but Chip's going over the hill (40) on Saturday so we'll be doing some celebrating.

      Delete