Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring has been "sprung" on us



Spencer and I are a lot alike
{this is not always a good thing}
One of the ways we are probably most alike is-
When we wake up, we hit the floor running
We are definitely morning people!

This morning, the first words out of Spencer's mouth were-
We only have 2 and a half months left until summer break
{Where did 6th grade go?}
Panic sunk in as my mind was racing and naming the months until summer break

Spring has been "sprung" on us

All of a sudden, we have a million things going on

Baseball Sign up was Saturday
{as soon as KS dries out, we'll be at our home away from home}
A science fair project needs completed
Solo/Ensemble is less than a month away
I was asked to be in charge of teacher appreciation gifts for 46 staff members in May
I feel like I should get Easter basket goodies before their all pick over
Parker is preparing for talent show tryouts
and
The Science Fair

One of the most exciting things we are preparing for
is something we have been waiting for a very long time
We will be tearing off our old deck and putting up a new 38 foot deck
{38 feet! - That's a whole lot space to enjoy the sun}
I couldn't sleep last night
I don't know if it was the excitement because it's finally going to happen
or the dollar signs keeping me awake
It's going to be A LOT of work but it will be well worth it
{I'll post pictures as we make progress}


Today it's supposed to be in the 50's
We might open some windows and get some fresh air





1 comment:

  1. Your deck sounds awesome!

    We had the windows open a bit today, felt so good, smelled so good and sounded so good (I've missed the birds chirping!). Took a walk this afternoon w/ Tate, his first real breath of fresh air! Nice that he could feel some sun on his sweet little face. Hope you were able to get out and enjoy it some!

    ReplyDelete