Monday, March 31, 2014

40th Birthday Weekend


The hubby went over the hill this weekend

The cake my mom made for Chip's birthday

I got up early Saturday morning and made a Starbucks coffee cake and a cheese cake

Chip had been eyeing a blue-ray player and hinted that he wanted one for his birthday
We can't surprise this guy so my parents and I went in on one
 and he was thrilled even though he knew what he was getting


This girl thought it was her birthday too




I wanted to do something special for Chip's 40th but everything I thought of or suggested was shot down
He just wanted to get more work done on the deck so that's what we did



There hasn't been any blood, sweat or tears but there have been a few disagreements
We had different ideas about the hand railing and spindles so that's where we quit on Sunday
We need a few days to put some thought into how we're going to make it all work

Sunday evening my parents invited us over for a birthday supper
Oh my, does my mom know how to feed an army
Steak, fried potatoes, baked beans, salad, jello and cake and ice cream
My mom treats her in-laws like her own and spoils them rotten


So that was the extent of the birthday weekend





No comments:

Post a Comment